RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jan 18 16:11:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 16:18 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > > - the name... as others said 'legacy' is almost completely negative
> > >

> > Maybe. Jesse Keating isnt a marketing guy. He called it what it was.
>

> there is a point... maybe the fedora steering group together with the
> fedora legacy guys should consider renaming it to "Fedora Maintenance"

Actually the name of Fedora Legacy was coined by the folks who proposed
the entire Fedora Project thing in the first place IIRC.  They already
had the names of Fedora Core, Fedora Extras, Fedora Legacy, and Fedora
Alternatives.  Alternatives never saw the light of day, and it appeared
that Legacy would neither unless somebody stepped up and took it on.
Being very dependent on slightly longer release cycles for my day job, I
took up the task of making Legacy happen.

I'm not opposed to changing the name, but lets make sure that we're
changing it for a good reason, not just changing just to change.