RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 22:15:05 UTC 2006

Ian Pilcher wrote:

>Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>>As Keith said, if this is the policy then it should be clearly stated.
>>>Also, the fact that support for FC3 was extended because of the 9 month
>>>development cycle of FC5 isn't very consistent with this point of view.
>>>

>>FC X goes legacy when FC Z test 2 gets released. Always been policy.
>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ
>>

>My point is that, if the intent is to transfer Fedora Core X to legacy
>N months after Fedora Core X+1 is released, *that* should be explicitly
>stated, rather than confusing the issue with X+2 test releases.

You dont get it. The transition happens based on the subsequent releases
and are *not* based on N months time period of any sort. For example ff
we decide to having a development release cycle of one year for FC6, FC4
would get benefited from a longer release maintenance cycle from Fedora
Core developers.

--
Rahul