Reporting bugs upstream

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Jan 21 00:10:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:52:18PM -0300, Horst von Brand wrote:
 > Mike A. Harris <mharris at mharris.ca> wrote:
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > > Sure, the system isn't perfect.  And the situation you describe is
 > > entirely feasible.  However, I've seen bugs reported in which it is
 > > perfectly clear that a user has never even attempted to see if there
 > > was a duplicate, because their subject line or other aspects of their
 > > bug were almost word for word identical to one or more other bug
 > > reports, etc.
 >
 > It would be quite useful to show bugs (perhaps the most recent ones?) for
 > the selected component. As things stand, you have to go search (select
 > package, etc; and the search isn't very intuitive as it stands) and if not
 > found, file a bug (again, select package etc). For me at least (far away in
 > network terms) this is slow and somewhat irritating.

You can save a query once you're logged in, and it appears as a pseudo-bookmark
at the bottom of each bugzilla page.  I create one for kernel for each release,
and use it countless times per day. I only ever use search if I'm looking
for something in particular, like 'bugs pertaining to snd-nm256'.

		Dave