rawhide report: 20060121 changes

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 01:22:21 UTC 2006

lør, 21 01 2006 kl. 09:51 -0800, skrev Jesse Keating:

> The functionality of hotplug is no longer needed.  However some packages
> were compiled against it in the past.  Currently our internal tool for
> removing a package from a distro does not do a depcheck to see if
> anything requires it.  It just isn't that smart.  Good news though,
> we're rewriting these tools so that the next gen could be this smart.
> (;

You are, without a doubt, my hero - if I grow up I wanna be just like
Jesse.

I'll be looking forward to seeing this in development system deployed,
I'm sure it's rock rate will be high - in the meantime I hope the
dependencies will be taken care of by tomorrows updates.

- David
--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog