libtrash in fedora Core 5

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Sun Jan 22 20:31:51 UTC 2006

Bernhard Suttner wrote:
> But I do not use the GNOME or KDE Desktop System. I am NOT using konqueror, I am using the xterm, or the console or the gnome-terminal. Fedora is not only for Desktop sytems (you can install it without GNOME, KDE and even without X), it is still very often used for server systems - and there I do not have a Trash. I think the GNOME or KDE Trash is on the false level. The trash should be global for all unlink() system calls. The GNOME Trash could show the libtrash folder and work with that direcotry.
>
> One sentence to this argument: "we need linux to behave like windows" <- do you mean GNOME or KDE :-)

In this case we're talking about the cli... Be it bash, sh, zsh, ksh,
csh or whatever your favorite shell interpreter is! Having trash in
Gnome and KDE is fine by me - I don't use it, personally, but it's fine
by me. Moving it to the cli is insanity IMHO - Even Windows don't do
that dag nammit :o)

/Thomas