cursors themes

Garry Harthill gazzerh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:32:28 UTC 2006

On 25/01/06, Laurent Jacquot <jk at lutty.net> wrote:
> Hello list,
> since the modular xorg transition, I cannot have my cursor theme to
> behave.
> I know there was a bug regarding the xcursorgen, it has been corrected
> (my cursors file are correct).
>
> But now I cannot get _some_ cursors to display, just the plain ugly 70's
> default one. The only busy cursor I ever get are before the gdm display,
> after it disapear. The xterm cursor is functionnal, as drag&drop, the
> url cursor is ok too. But everything else is just reverted to the
> default one.
> I tried Bluecurve theme and several others..
>

> Some config data:
> -rawhide fully updated daily (except the kernel)
> -kernel 2.6.14-1.1808_FC5
> -nvidia module 8178
> composite or not, twinview or not, glx or not, nothing gives me my
> cursors back.
>
> I am about to fill a bug, but how can i debug it, and against which
> component?
>
> Laurent

I have got exactly the same problem. It seems if i change the to
bluecurve cursor theme using System -> Prefs -> Mouse it seems to
change the settings in the current active window. All others are the
same old cursors.

If i change the cursor theme with all active windows closed the theme
doesn't change the cursors at all.