Stateless Linux: lxterminal

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri Jan 27 13:42:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 11:00 +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> In what is it different from the quite mature ltsp project:
> http://www.ltsp.org/ ?

It is not a separate distribution -- it runs the _exact_ same
software that's installed on the server. As such, it's simpler
to maintain, simpler to understand due to its familiarity
(if you run FC, like I do, you know it well, and I don't have
to learn a new distro), and in environments where distros must be
approved you don't have to push LTSP.

It's a minimalist take on LTSP, 100% based on Fedora/Red Hat.
Hence the post to this list :)

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.