gphoto2 problem: usb access for non root users

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 08:03:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:40:36 -0500 Bill Nottingham (notting redhat com) wrote:
> Should be fixed in gphoto2-2.1.99-5, which should hit rawhide tomorrow.
> You'll have to replug after upgrading.
I also opened a bug, after posting. it is 179315.
I posted in bugzilla for the udev package but it was "routed" by
bugzilla to hal.
The camera is seen from root.
I thought that within the interaction between udev and hal to
associate device names,
symlinks and permissions when plugging devices, the permission part
was responsibility of udev,
for example with settings inside  /etc/udev/permissions.d directory .....
You instead are saying that is a matter of gphoto2...??
I think that I'm missing something here...
Thanks for your clarifications
Gianluca