Compiling pcmcia drivers...

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 17:54:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 18:48 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > Airport is slightly different.  In any case, it's doubtful that the
> > Agere driver would support Airport either (please correct me if I'm
> > wrong).
>
> Airport uses an airport driver stacked on orinoco stacked on hermes
> in 2.4 and 2.6.

Yup, because hostap doesn't support the 'macio' bus.  So it obviously
won't be able to do WPA in software like the hostap stack does, but it
certainly should be doing scanning in any recent kernels from the past 3
or 4 months.  However, the shim layer for airport on top of hostap
doesn't look to large, if somebody wanted to loan me an iBook with an
Airport card, I might be willing to port it to hostap :)

Dan