ifup fails for static IP address. Is ifcfg wrong?

Art Edwards edwardsa at afrl.kirtland.af.mil
Tue Jul 4 01:39:42 UTC 2006

I dug a little deeper and found that the ifcfg-eth0 in default had the wrong
IP address--one that was actually in use. When I changed that value, all
started to work. I really don't know why the ifcfg-eth0 script in

/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default

is different from that in

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

In fact, I really don'tunderstand why there are two. Why not symbolic links?

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Art Edwards