GFS & Cluster support in Fedora Core

Chris Feist cfeist at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 22:54:39 UTC 2006

Andrew Cathrow wrote:
> What's status of the GFS packages in Fedora Core.
> The FC5 gfs and gnbd kernel packages don't seem to have been updated
> since 2.6.15 and I don't see anything newer in FC6 test 1 either.

gnbd-kernel (and the other GFS kernel packages) are regularly built when a new
FC5 kernel release comes out.  It usually takes a few days after the new
kernel comes out for the GFS packages to appear.

Also, the version scheme for the GFS kernel packages doesn't exactly match the
kernel versions.  So the 2.6.15 version of gnbd-kernel may match the 2.6.17
kernel, the dependencies are all specified in the rpm packages.

Thanks,
Chris