OOo documents look different

Mon Jul 10 08:00:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 00:02 -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Sometimes you wish that ppl writing things like OOo would pay as much
> > attention to output quality as Donald Knuth :-/
>
> Problem is that "that other office package" couldn't care less about output
> quality, and many OOo users insist on pixel-exact rendering of the produced
> junk...

We are talking about documents written with OOo 2.0.2 and opened with
OOo 2.0.3 or even OOo 2.0.2 of a few updates later, that "other office
package" I have not used for years and years (before OOo I used LaTeX).

It is simply not acceptable when Documents written on the same computer
look different after some minor (OOo 2.0.2 -> OOo 2.0.2 + bugfix)
updates look different. And worse, the documents look OK again when
opened by OOo on "that other OS".

- Erwin