rawhide report: 20060709 changes

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Jul 11 18:26:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 15:41 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> This may be a dead stupid question, but what do we acutally need this
> for? Don't all monitors report their values via DDC these days?

I've been having an annoying problem with at least one of my monitors.
If I start the machine with the monitor off, the monitor doesn't respond
to DDC. Which means the X server reverts to something like 1138x640 at 60.
Xorg's 16:9 handling could use some work...

Which more an argument for supporting dynamic rescanning of the DDC
info.

Usually I just hardcode scanning rates and resolutions because of stuff
like this. For all I know, all monitors are like this...