improving rpm

Robert Scheck fedora-devel-list.listman at linuxnetz.de
Wed Jul 12 20:28:56 UTC 2006

Hello Stephen,

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> The only way I have seen this 'work' is where the end result config
> file is built from 'other' config files. In this case you would have a
> default config, an repository patch, and a local patch. The master
> ninja configurator would then build its new config by superceeding
> default by any repository patches and those would be replaced by
> local. This would then would build out the new configuration file.

this sounds very similar to what is OpenSuSE currently practising by the
use of SuSEconfig as far as I could see in the latest release. Nevertheless
it could be really a nice feature - but only when we don't have something
equivalent to SuSEconfig... ;-)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, seth vidal wrote:
> Wow, I'm dizzy from all the spin.

Ha Seth, never saw you speechless before. Didn't think that, it would be
such easy ;-)

Greetings,
  Robert