rawhide report: 20060720 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 21 10:32:58 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 05:27, Erwin Rol wrote:
> The point was not that Rawhide is unstable or not, the point I was
> trying to make was that it might be good if developers did some testing
> to remove the most obvious bugs before pushing them to everybody.

In this case it was hard.  You have to have your other bits that user dbus
compiled with the new dbus before you can tell if its broken or not, and you
have to have the new dbus in the build system in order to compile the other
bits...

Our window from build to live is a day.  Rawhide is pushed every morning at
around 2am I do believe (it varies from time to time), so if you can get your
change into the build system, you can usually test it out locally and repair
anything that is needed before the push.  With something like dbus, there was
just too many other packages to build to be able to accurately test it before
the rawhide push.  This is the nature of rawhide.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora