Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 26 17:22:10 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Rahul wrote:
> The only way to reduce any breakages such as this is not release major
> updates at all.

Isn't that what 'releases' are for, major updates & upgrades? It will be
kind of hard for anyone making software to say "Works well on fedora core 5,
if you exclude these packages, or haven't/have updated before/after
xx-xx-xxxx"

To me a 'supported' (bad word to use I know :-)) release would mean that its
API/ABI stable, but security fixes are made available, and if something
works with 'FC-5', then it should work with FC-5 :-)

To me, as a user it would be a frustrating experience to suddenly find that
after an 'update' suddenly things don't work as expected anymore .. Even
though some people might have something of an resentment against binary
applications or drivers, I don't see why we have to be 'against' them either
and go out of our way to break them 'because we can', fedora is a platform
for many things..