Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Jul 27 01:58:18 UTC 2006

tir, 25 07 2006 kl. 15:41 -0700, skrev alan:

> What non-proprietary driver works well for 7.1 and alglx?

It works out of the box for me on Development using an ATI Radeon 9600XT
card. I have all the eyecandy in the known universe without having sold
my soul to proprietary software.

If you buy a new set of tires and it breaks your car for no good reason,
you'd take them back and demand your money back. Why is the landscape
different because we provide software and the hardware maker essentially
are trying to push the software equivalent of square tires to their
customers?

The distro we ship on day one isn't breaking with this update, we kept
our promise and in case something we shipped broke we will fix it.

If you have a card that doesn't work, complain to your crack dealer of
the day, be that ATI or nVidia. They sold it to you, hence it's their
problem.

- David Nielsen