Fedora's intended target audience?

Marcus Hartig m.f.h at web.de
Thu Jul 27 16:56:43 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven <arjan fenrus demon nl> wrote:

 > the 7.1 update adds a lot better support for radeon and for Intel video
 > and even 2D nvidia... Intel video has a market share of about 50%,
 > radeon of about 20%.... that's not numbers you can ignore in the "you
 > ignore the users" comment. To some degree NOT doing this update is
 > ignoring the users.

We all want a nicer and better xorg. And Fedor makes a good job... But I
think the 50 % for intel' video market counts "only" for business market,
but not for privat users like me and the most here using Fedora?

"I have a dream...!" ;-)
Would it not the best, to work hand in hand with Ati and nVidia and others
like intel, via..? I know! Easy to say, but I mean if you Arjan, an
acknowledged linux developer or other good developer here or the Fedora
xorg responsible person(s), wrote to Ati or nVidia's main linux driver
developer to warn them or ask them, when there is support for newer xorg
with the abi. I don't know the relationships to Ati or nVidia, maybe I'm
false...

If I would do it as normal user, I would really get no respond, only:
"Next release in the next time" and also not here in ex. of nVidia:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Greetings,
Marcus

--