Leaving?

Ryan Hodges rhodges at cisco.com
Fri Jul 28 22:49:57 UTC 2006

This thread isn't capturing any additional value.  The solution is not
to point the finger at NVIDIA or ATI or anyone else.  We shouldn't feel
entitled to them meeting open source release schedules. The Fedora
Project makes all decisions related to what it releases and will be held
accountable to those decisions.

Decisions are being made based on the current philosophy of the Fedora
Project. Some people are advocating a change to that philosophy, which
is fine.  Is there a better process to advocate that change.  At this
point I'm waiting for some kind of leadership board to step in and say,
"We made the decision and stand by it.  If you want to complain, send
your emails to <some_non-dev_alias>. Here's how you can influence future
decisions of the board.

I'm sensing a lack of leadership here.

By the way, many comments were made that were making presumptions about
the make-up of Fedora's customer base.  I'm wondering if the Fedora
Project or RedHat has done any market research into the use of Fedora.

Ryan