AIGLX - blue screen

Otto Rey otto_rey at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jun 2 21:09:29 UTC 2006

I have some strange things related to Xorg and 16 bit. When I test XGL + Compiz on Fedora Core 5, the only way to make it work is changing 16 bit to whatever bits.
In the other hand, using Xorg without AIGLX or XGL, when switch to terminal (Ctrl + F2 for example) and back (Alt + F7), Xorg die if this is not set to 16 bits.
I thing that this is related to your problem. Im using i810.

Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> escribió: 2006/6/2, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn :
> Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > David Nielsen wrote:
> >> I can ack this failure on Fedora Development using a Radeon 9250 (r200)
> >> card. This is an AMD64 box should that matter.
> >>
> >> I also know of a user on an intel chip who is seeing the same.
> >>
> > The blue screen of death generally indicate that the texture-from-pixmap
> > GL extension is not working.
> > The underlying cause of that can be many different things.
> >
> > The BSOD's that many people have recently seen were caused by some
> > tokens we had patched into our
> > mesa packages and forgot to take out when they were merged. It should be
> > fixed in rawhide now.
>
> When calling "startx" I first get a screen with the fedora splash window
> then everything turns blue+shadows then back to normal and finally back to
> blue+shadows. That's on a Radeon 9500pro (r300) with current rawhide Xorg
> server and mesa.
>
> Regards,
>    Dennis
>
> --

i found something about about the bsod that occured with aiglx on a
r250 with fedora-development.
switching to 16 bit color depth in xorg.conf made it work with it.
testing box was a thinkpad r51 with radeon 9000 mobile (r250).
even wobbly windows worked. maybe something to try out.

Correo Yahoo!