FC5: Conflict between pam-0.99.4.0-fc5.4 and authconfig-5.2.3-1 re: /etc/pam.d/system-auth?

Mike Carney mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 22:57:37 UTC 2006

Greetings,

pam is providing /etc/pam.d/system-auth as a file. authconfig
generates /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac, and replaces /etc/pam.d/system-auth
with a symbolic link to /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac. Now that pam was just
updated, I have a /etc/pam.d/system-auth.rpmnew file. Since I don't
remember ever running authconfig, how should I resolve this conflict? (was
authconfig run as part of firstboot?)

Shouldn't pam be providing /etc/pam.d/system-auth as some kind of template
which would be consumed by authconfig, rather that generating this conflict
everytime pam is updated?

Thanks!