Rawhide and ATI R3xx?

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 7 13:52:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:37:44 -0500
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> What is the word on the latest X builds and the ATI R300 DRI driver?
> I'm (finally!) going to have some time to test rawhide, and since my
> notebook (Thinkpad Z60m) is one that locked up hard when loading it
> (before it was disabled for FC5), I figured I'd take a look in that
> direction.
>
> Basically, has anything changed since FC5 - is it enabled, might it work
> (or at least not kill my system)?  If it isn't currently enabled, how
> can I go about testing it to see if it has improved?

It's currently enabled in Rawhide and is working well here with a X700.
Did have to disable hardware cursor support though as the cursor display
was corrupted.

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc RV410 [Radeon X700 Pro (PCIE)]"
        Option      "DDCMode" "on"
        Option      "MergedFB" "off"
        Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
        Option      "SWcursor" "on"