can't install debug rpm with yum -

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 05:33:57 UTC 2006

On 6/10/06, Sean <seanlkml at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> That would be a failure from the perspective of the user.  Why not fall
> back to download.fedora.redhat.com if no mirror can be found?

If the user has configured yum not to connect to
download.fedora.redhat.com, I think it's completely reasonable that it
not be used. If users have specific reasons for specifying a single
repository, they can deal with the problems if they arise. For
example, perhaps they are connected to a repository with modified rpms
and having yum fall back on d.f.r.c would cause problems. Or perhaps
they pay per MB and so have specified their ISP's own mirror which
doesn't count to their used bandwidth; in this case you wouldn't
necessarily want yum falling back to a mirror that will cost you
money.

n0dalus.