recent dropped packages from Core are kde dependancies

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Jun 15 14:49:11 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Rex Dieter (rdieter at math.unl.edu) said:
>> Two recent Core ejections: xscreensaver and imlib are build dependancies
>> for kdeartwork (see http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/195480 ) and
>> kdegraphics (see http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/195477)
>> respectively.
>>
>> Should these be going to Extras (too)?  I'd really rather go through the
>> pain of making kdeartwork-extras, kdegraphics-extras packages for Extras
>> just to get the missing pieces back.
>
> Why is xscreensaver a *build* dep?

It's a run-time dep too, don't forget (or, at least, *should* be).

Depending on the various versions/flavors of xscreensaver, it determines the
lcoations of the various xscreensaver bits (like hacks directory, etc...).

Arguably, it would certainly be more flexible to do such detection at
run-time rather than build-time... I'm just pointing out how it (currently)
works.

-- Rex