Update to flex 2.5.33

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 08:31:13 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 19:26 +0200, Petr Machata wrote:

>>>Something like this:
>>>
>>>ftp://ftp.rexursive.com/pub/flex/flex-reentrant.spec
>>
>>Ok.  Having flex 2.5.3x in fedora was my original goal when I became
>>maintainer of flex.  However old version is heavy with patches, and new
>>version went more or less it's own way.  So I'd rather do it only after
>>certain confidence grows.
>>
>>So... what about creating flex-reentrant,
>
> Naming it flex-reentrant is a mis-nomer.
>
> Reentrancy in flex code is a feature of a scanner's sources, not a
> feature of the scanner-generator (flex). It had been possible to write

Yes.

> reentrant scanners even with old flex for many years.

Possibly.  The name refers to -R switch in 2.5.3x, which promises to
build reentrant lexer.  With this switch, built lexers store all
variables in a structure passed via parameter, using no global
variables.  Afaik, flex was doing similar thing in c++ mode for a long
time now.

Anyway, we can as well call is flex-new.

> Ralf

PM