Changing the default font in Fedora Core 6

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Jun 30 06:49:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 03:18 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> Having read the thread that was active 2+ weeks ago "Changing the
> default font in Fedora Core 6" [1], I think that it's obvious that the
> Best Thing™ would be to include DejaVu in Core as soon as possible.

Yes, Fedora seems to be behind most other distributions in the area of
fonts. I don't understand why.

Also of note, we don't seem to be able to support Kannada. At all. Not
even in extras. DejaVu doesn't seem to cover it yet. For example:

http://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kannada_Support

Apparently the open source fonts of choice are Kedage and Mallige,
available here:

http://brahmi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Debian/Ubuntu apparently already have them. Someone want to package
these for extras?

Admittedly, the only reason I care is I've run into people using Kannada
characters in emoticons. ಠ_ಠ