Vino

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:07:43 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been playing with VINO on Fedora Core 5 Test 3 but I find it
pretty unusable. First, screen updates are painfully slow: sometimes
on the real desktop I launch a gnome-terminal, but it takes up to five
seconds for the window to appear on the remote VNC client (it appears
almost instantly on the real desktop). Other times, working on the
real desktop produces no updates on the remote VNC client.

At first, I thought VINO wasn't using XDamage, but it seems it is,
since "xpyinfo | grep -i damage" reveals the local X server supports
the XDamage extension, and also "ldd /usr/libexec/vino-server" reveals
it is linked against libXdamage.so.1.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues with VINO?
Thanks.