dropdown menu's

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sun Mar 5 00:15:52 UTC 2006

Dnia 05-03-2006, nie o godzinie 00:37 +0100, Erwin Rol napisał(a):
> This is something that already bothers me a while, i think it never
> really worked as expected, but i am not sure if it is a "my machine
> only" kind of problem.
From http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gtk/GtkComboBox.html
"The style in which the selected value is displayed, and the style of
the popup is determined by the current theme. It may be similar to a
GtkOptionMenu, or similar to a Windows-style combo box."

So probably it can be changed in the theme (or only the look and color,
but not that behavior), but all themes I have here (Fedora 3) have it
the way you experience and dislike. The purpose is to have the currently
selected option right in the place where the option menu is, so you can
click it to see other options and click in the same place again not
changing anything (instead of clicking somewhere else in the window or
hitting Esc). Anyways, it's not Fedora-specific.

Lam