dropdown menu's

Sun Mar 5 00:34:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 01:15 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:

> So probably it can be changed in the theme (or only the look and
> color, but not that behavior), but all themes I have here (Fedora 3)
> have it the way you experience and dislike. The purpose is to have the
> currently selected option right in the place where the option menu is,
> so you can click it to see other options

Well that won't work, because you now have to scroll to see the other
options.

> and click in the same place again not changing anything (instead of
> clicking somewhere else in the window or hitting Esc). Anyways, it's
> not Fedora-specific.

But anyway if it is a specially designed feature, i guess i just dislike
it because a large empty "menu" on the screen just looks weird. A better
way would probably be having an extra entry always at the top (or bottom
when the menu goes up, that holds the current selection, a bit like the
font selection in OOo.org. That way you can click twice to "check" and
you don#t have that strange empty menu.

- Erwin