Sendmail won't send mails

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 00:29:40 UTC 2006

leon wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> writes:
>
>  | On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 14:17 +0000, leon wrote:
>  | > Here is /var/log/maillog
>  | Connection timed out when trying to contact any host outside cam.ac.uk.
>  | That's hardly surprising; the UCS started filtering outgoing port 25
>  | from undergrad machines (and indeed any machines not explictly
>  | permitted) about a decade ago.
>  | Use a smarthost -- probably smtp.hermes.
>  | --
>  | dwmw2
> Very informative. Thanks.
>
> 1. Can I choose another port to workaround?
> 2. How to delete queue mails in /var/spool/mqueue:
>    ? rm -rf /var/spool/mqueue/*
>
> Thanks again.

Please be aware that Fedora-devel list is a development discussion list.
Your issue here is a user configuration and network support issue that
would be best discussed in a user community, and is off-topic for this
list.  In the future, please bring your issue to communities like
fedoraforum.org or fedora-list before escalating them to development
groups like this or bugzilla.

Thank you,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com