Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 8 17:16:59 UTC 2006

> Regarding perl-XML-Encoding, perl-libxml-enno, and foomatic, see
> Bugzilla #128879
>
> Basically, perl-libxml-enno has been split into (some of) its
> constituent modules (I believe perl-XML-DOM should obsolete it), and
> perl-XML-Encoding, which was a dep of perl-libxml-enno, is no longer
> needed in FC5 and so was dropped. foomatic has dropped the deps on these
> packages too.

Ok. Everything is in order, so, except that I believe that at least
perl-XML-Encoding should appear in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages
or in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackagesFC4
and it could be a good thing to also list the other modules that were
provided by perl-libxml-enno, even though they were never in fedora
core as such.

Maybe I could directly contact the person in charge of updating the list
of Packages removed from Fedora Core 4 not yet imported into Fedora Extras?
Or am I too hasty?

--
Pat