which gstreamer versions in official fc5?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 21:28:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 22:22 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:44 -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> > > It seems in final gnome 2.14 the optimum is:
> > > gstreamer 0.10.4 and gst-plugins-base 0.10.5
> > I believe the plan is to upgrade in FC5 updates, within a few days of
> > the FC5 release.
>
> I asked around and I didn't really get an answer on how come everything
> that is in GNOME's release got upgraded to the actual released versions,
> except GStreamer.  Any logic to that ? Can someone shed some light ?

Not everything got upgraded.  It was basically a matter of looking at
diffs and trying to decide what was "safe".  I don't think that anyone
is 100% happy with how that process went.

The plan is definitely to get the rest of the 2.14 final packages out as
an update ASAP after Monday and there's also going to be an effort to
actually track the stable releases as they're done this time around :-)

Jeremy