speed up Firefox start by a factor of 3 on x86

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 07:38:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:35:03 -0800 John Reiser wrote:
>In contrast, Firefox always starts in 5 seconds or less on a kernel
which places
>the vDSO intelligently:
I read the long list of your reports at the bugzilla page, with the
many details and test cases provided, but apart the beginning, you
pratically received no feedback at all (at least inside bugzilla
itself): only periodically that "having merged with upstream kernel,
more than thousands of changes, so please test again and let know..."
I think you had better to submit your considerations to upstream kernel list.
In this way if accepted, they would be naturally incorporated also in fedora.
I'm not a kernel expert so sorry if this doesn't fit for you.
Juest my 0.02 euros...