Re-view FC5 hardware requirements for GNOME

Bela Pesics bela.pesics at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:05:46 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, Kevin Verma <kevinverma at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will also like to mention couple of facts that member developers of
> FC team from developed countries could learn during Linux Asia 06,
> (since those are not qouted much anywhere else) that in developing
> nations, power disruptions affected and low on resources machines ....
> --> expect Linux installations self recoverable,
> --> expects software suspend an important feature,
> --> expects lower hardware requirements.

<remark>

I am not sure that using the terms developed and developing countries
in the context of Fedora is very healthy even if the mentioned
requirements are valid. Those are just requirements of _people_ or
certain interest groups and that is a proper distinction in contrast
with economical, geographical, racial...

Bela