firefox packaging bug

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Mar 20 19:09:32 UTC 2006

From: "Warren Togami" <wtogami at redhat.com>
> Dimi Paun wrote:
> > This may have already been fixed, but I figured I should note it
> > anyhow. It seems the RPM for
> >     firefox-1.0.6-1.2.fc4.i386
> > gets rid of the file
> >     /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6/firefox-rebuild-databases.pl
> > before it is invoked in the %postun script:
>
> This is not a firefox bug.  firefox-1.5.x no longer needs
> firefox-rebuild-databases.pl.  I'm guessing you probably have an old
> version of flash-plugin installed.

I don't think I do:
[root at dimi ~]# rpm -qa | grep flash | wc -l
0

Regardless, the script is in the 1.0.6 directory, what does it has
to do with 1.5? It is the 1.0.6 rpm that fails to uninstall cleanly.
Something must be off, I hope this is not normal behaviour :)

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.