Wild and crazy times for the development tree

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Mar 20 21:28:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 09:40:10PM +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> I tend to agree, the 9 month cycle worked wonderfully, Fedora Core 5 is
> by far the best release the Fedora Project has put out yet and as a
> tester I enjoyed having that extra time to see new fundamental changes
> take place and get bugs tracked down.

I was intrigued by your blog suggestion of alternating 9 month devel / 4
month stabilization cycles. <tp://lovesunix.net/blog/?p=62> But I also think
your own objection (people will not take the 9-month release seriously
enough) is pretty strong.

As someone crazy enough to try to use Fedora for real work, the 9 month
cycle is awesome.