Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:15:42 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> What exactly do you want from me here?

>From you in particular? That's a difficult question to answer because
I'm not sure in a position to provide me with what I'm seeking...
since you have already pointed out that I need to schedule a meeting
between Mr. Lee and the magic lasso of truth that I have on loan from
wonder woman.

> This in itself could be considered a
> failure.  File a bug as such.

I'm attempting to do my best to ensure than whatever bugs are filed
are not closed as worksforme because of lack of reproducibility or
consistency of behavior. I would like to be able to find a way to
produce an auditable trail of clientside output which unsuspecting
users can be directed to generate as needed per incident in an effort
to document what could very well be a sporadic symptoms in order to
pinpoint the if there is an underlying problem with the new redirect
service. People are already confused by the changes in the mirrorlist
file.

> If you're getting repeated failures running
> yum, but pointing yum to the -redirect version of the mirrorlist file
> consistently works, this would indicate a failure in the way the redirect is
> working for yum.

And if using -redirect directly also produces sporadic failures for
some people with similiar clientside symptoms?  There are other,
pre-existing issues which some users can run into.. things like
timeout settings which could be mis-diagnosed as problems associated
with the new redirect layer simply because the redirect process is new
and opaque from the client pov.

-jef