Bootsplash?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:30:29 UTC 2006

Now that FC5 has hibernate working for lots of people, how about we do
something about the delay which currently is displayed as a black
screen?

I click the hibernate button, and am presented with the black screen for
about 30 seconds as my ram is swapped out to disk. At resume, I'm
presented with a black screen until the desktop re-appears.

I think ubuntu use bootsplash [http://www.bootsplash.org/] but I think
that requires a patch to the kernel away from vanilla, so that might not
be an option for fedora. Maybe rhgb could be used instead?

Has any work been done, or ideas discussed on this for fedora? Thanks.

Richard.