Anaconda: good work!

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 22 19:32:39 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> said:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 10:12 -0500, Dimi Paun wrote:
> >     A green/red background just for
> >     the word PASS/FAIL will help immensely.
>
> I think there's actually a bug about this.  Doing it in newt isn't as
> easy as one would hope, though :-/  I do agree that making the
> difference between pass and fail more obvious is probably a good idea.

Don't use a green/red background as the difference; color blind people
can't tell the difference.

In text mode, extra line drawing characters (e.g. "---> FAIL <---") or
blinking text (does the Linux console support that attribute?) would be
preferable.

Another option would be to make the default selection box on the FAIL
screen do nothing, so just hitting ENTER won't continue (you'd have to
TAB to the "Continue" box).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>