Anaconda: good work!

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 22 20:29:26 UTC 2006

As Dimi Paun just shared his thoughts about anaconda, here is what i'm
dreaming of for anaconda.

What I found sad in anaconda during the installation process is the
permanent showing of our brand new logo for about 20 min, while anaconda
is copying files. We had in previous version of FC, texts talking about
the distribution itself. These have disappeared, too bad really.

Maybe we could do something here that really helps people, newbies who
are just installing their first linux distribution. I dreamt of an
anaconda that helps newbies make their first steps in Fedora Core.

Here is a mockup i made showing anaconda copying files and delivering
some help at the same time!

http://mrtomlinux.org/Up2date&anaconda-en.png

Of course, many topics could be reached this way, and that would make
Fedorz Core an even more user-friendly distribution.

Of course, many geeks won't like the idea because it is not a brand new
feature, or because they may feel bored reading through this kind of
newbies' help.

Tell me what you think about it!

Regards,

Thomas Canniot