Anaconda: good work!

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 22 21:43:26 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> said:
>  Not entirely true. Most "colourblind" people have partial but slightly weak
> receptivity to certain wavelengths (the most common forms being that they are
> less sensitive to either red or green).  In the majority of cases a solid
> colour is distinguishable, I have no trouble telling red from green on the
> linux console; there are shades of pale green and bright oranges that are
> hard to distinguish.

A cow-orker in the next cube is red/green colorblind and most often
cannot tell between the two (even with solid colors).  With some things,
if both are side by side, he can tell, but if you just present one or
the other, he usually cannot.

>  I would suggest using both: red, blinking text for failure. Or yellow, which
> stands out better for people with or without poor colour vision in most cases
> (hence the choice of sodium lamps for street lighting in the UK).

There's also blue/yellow colorblind (more rare). :-)

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>