fyi: vlc

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Mar 24 14:02:00 UTC 2006

Neal Becker wrote :

> I tried FC5 vlc from livna, but it just gave a bunch of errors when started.
> Then I tried videolan-client from freshrpms.   Better, but gave an error
> when trying to open my dvd.
>
> I grabbed the srpm from freshrpms, and (after d/l all the builddeps) it is
> rebuilt and working great.

Interesting :-/
Could you please have a look at the build log from the freshrpms.net
package and check the relevant differences with what you've got that could
explain the DVD playback problem?

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/5/videolan-client/

Matthias

BTW: I appreciate this kind of feedback on the freshrpms-list or in
private email, so that known problems can get fixed ;-)

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) - Linux kernel 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
Load : 0.30 0.65 0.57