GUI controls for instrumentation

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Mar 25 11:51:26 UTC 2006

Le samedi 25 mars 2006 à 11:30 +0000, Dariusz J. Garbowski a écrit :
>  Yet situation is IMHO similar to proprietary NVidia drivers: users
> just have it easier thanks to the work of Livna developers (at least on
> Fedora). And, hey!, users still manage to install proprietary nvidia
> drivers from NVidia rather than Livna, with all the hassle it makes!

Again that's all fine and dandy with hobbyists/gamers/whatever which are
ready to make all kinds of stupid sacrifices gratis pro deo. In a work
context (and I think oscilloscope qualifies) that's a direct helpdesk
redirection which *will* cost lots of money to someone.

java GUI is not realistic unless you're not fronting the support calls
nor are paying for them one way or another.

--
Nicolas Mailhot