FC5: first impressions

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Mar 26 14:55:48 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 à 09:43 -0500, Dimi Paun a écrit :
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 14:20 +0000, Bill Crawford wrote:
> >  True enough, but the focus stealing prevention is something that's
> > been needed for a long time.
>
> Not for me, it hasn't. I know for sure I don't want it.
> The typing-the-root-password-in-the-newly-opened-im-client
> scenario doesn't keep me up at night. In fact, it's a
> non-issue for me.

Has anyone ever tried something like "if current window has been
receiving keypresses in the last x ms do not steal focus from it?"

The main problem seems to be the race between the system showing up a
new window and the user realising the new window has stealed the focus,
so why not just refrain from taking the focus if something is being done
in the current window ?

--
Nicolas Mailhot