GUI controls for instrumentation

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 16:58:39 UTC 2006

On 03/26/2006 05:05 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 25 mars 2006 à 12:06 +0000, Dariusz J. Garbowski a écrit :
>> .
>> But I can see that in some environments Java on the desktop may be a
>> support issue.
>
> Java is only write-once, run everywhere if you define everywhere as a
> very specific static OS image :(

Come to think of that... Any multi-platform, multi-os or even
multi-distro (where w95/w98/w2k/wxp can be called "distro" for the
purpose of this argument) will suffer from mentioned support issues:

- different libraries available
- differnt environment
- etc...

This is why commercial applications are most of the time officially
supported only on limited number of platforms, be it w2k/2xp and not
w95/w98, be it Red Hat Enterprise and SuSE but not Debian and Mandrake,
etc. :( There comes community help :-)

Regards,
Dariusz