Fedora core for the Itanium

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Mar 27 12:38:30 UTC 2006

 --- Tim Burke <tburke at redhat.com> escribió:

> William Lovaton wrote:
> > But I'd like to test the ia64 box with a LiveCD or
> > something like that but I can't find one for this
> > arch.  Ubuntu says AMD64 but I guess that won't
> work
> > on Itanium, isn't it?
> Correct.  AMD64 (x86-64) bits do not worn on
> itanium.
> > and FC5 doesn't have ia64
> > support on installable media.  How can I install
> FC5
> > on this itanium box?
> >
> You can't.

How can I get test releases of RHEL 5 for testing
purposes?  When are the test releases planned? Is
there any relevant mailing list?

Now that I know there is Oracle support in Itanium I
can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The funny
thing is that RHEL has Itanium support while Fedora
doesn't.  Shouldn't that be the other way around?

By the way, the server I am talking about is an HP
Integrity rx8620

Thanks for the answer,

-William