The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

Shane Stixrud shane at geeklords.org
Mon Mar 27 21:56:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, sean wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:33:17 -0800 (PST)
> Shane Stixrud <shane at geeklords.org> wrote:
>
>> The above project has the concept of "backends" that can be made to
>> understand specific configuration formats.  There is an example where
>> Xorg.conf can be imported and exported on demand.
>>
>> http://www.libelektra.org/Backends
>>

> If you think this package is going to be the long term answer, why not
> start by packaging it up for extras?

I have not said that.  I am interested in the right solution and on
something this important and massive I can't see it working without rough
community agreement on what that thing would look like. If the
community felt elektra was a good direction then I would be more than
happy to package it up, although I am sure the authors would beat me too
it.

Shane