Mirrorlist Issues

Ryan Skadberg skadz1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:26:46 UTC 2006

It seems that with FC5, the rawhide mirror list has changed to being
just one round-robin DNS name.  This is fine, except that it causes
yum to not be able to retry things on other mirrors, since it just
sees one mirror on the mirror list, so I am constantly getting:

---> Downloading header for gnome-applets-debuginfo to pack into
transaction set.
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/debug/gnome-applets-debuginfo-2.14.0-3.i386.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:23:01 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: debug/gnome-applets-debuginfo-2.14.0-3.i386.rpm from
development: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

And since there is just the one host on the mirror list, yum dies.  If
there were multiple mirrors on the list, it could then try again on
other sites.  Since there is only one, it fails once and dies.  I get
this CONSTANTLY when trying to update rawhide and usually have to
restart yum 5 to 10 times before I can get all the headers downloaded
and then have to do it another 5-10 times to get the packages
downloaded.

Any chance we can change the mirror list back to being a real list of
mirrors so this problem goes away?

Thanks!
Skadz