Fedora's way forward

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 29 15:47:10 UTC 2006

> We're not trying to convince you of anything, you're free to go about
> your business, using Linux in a way that meets your needs.  Please extend
> to us the same courtesy so everyone can get on with it.

While I agree with your overall point that keeping Fedora open is a a
good thing, kindly use singular instead of plural, or qualify which
group of people you're representing on a community list.

I certainly see "world domination" as a worthy goal, and "open source
solutions" as a means/strategy to achieving that goal in the long run. A
"solution" addresses the problem of as many people as possible,
otherwise it's not particularly useful. I think you'd agree that we [
fedora developers ] are designing software with the end user in mind,
and not as a goal in itself. Eric's questions certainly seems important
to answer - there's no reason to be hostile.