Fedora's way forward

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Mar 29 16:58:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 05:46 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
>> If you'd like additional proprietary third party material such as real
>> player and IBM Java nobody is stopping you.
>
> Those are two examples where Fedora really _could_ catch up. We should
> really concentrate on getting gcjwebplugin and swfdec (or gnash)
> shippable by FC6.

I have not had good luck with swfdec.  It eats CPU on my AMD64 3700+.
Gnash is supposed to concentrate on a later version of Flash, but I have
not tried it.

Having flash and java "just work" for AMD64 users would be a big plus.

--
"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa